I don’t know what will come out of my organizing my thoughts. But I’ve made some points clearly in a visually unappealing format of paragraphs. I’m a writer not a website designer or anything to do with physical appearances.
– reward specific forms of participation without being too obvious
Process through the campaign mode
Become part of a team
Defeat other players/demonstrate personal ability
Confirm to redeem rewards of money or tokens
Process through ever changing events with suitable reward
– make the player feel like they’ve earned it by requiring some action from the player as part of the conditions for reward
Play the game and win. Within this focus on a handful of aspects of the total participation that is fairly easy and time sensitive
Pressing the confirm button for rewards
Gambling with said money/tokens and gamble once for free for privileges other than money or tokens
– money assigned to upgrades, tokens assigned to special privileges
– give out tokens for reaching a certain number of repetitions or accumulated repeated actions
– allow players to solve their difficulties by paying real money
– Fine tune difficulty, e.g. A bit too easy at first, normal but not difficult after beginning stages
Similarities between a game and learning to play difficult music
– Levels of involvement and detailing one’s own participation exist, and the game/music should attract the player to be curious as to how to improve personal performance or upgrade social status through various routes, e.g. Getting distinction in music exams, getting A* in schoolwork, working in recognizable and rewarded ways rewarded by certificate, honorable mention, compliments from role models, fame, reputation as what the gossip says about you, or simply winning or earning money, special access, exclusive privileges
– The game developer/teacher must present a presentation – outer beauty and functionality and playability for the game developer, beautiful demonstration and specific guidance that allow the player to personally experience improved performance thought impossible or never considered applying to any area involving living
– living includes playing more difficult music, money, sex, relationships, from relationships more perfect bonds, increased access/access to privileges the player decides is personally important through building relationships (and the teacher giving effective tips to specific difficulties in music or in relationships, family/friend/romantic/school/work/lessons taken in leisure, or in money, work/job/school),
– Including and really rewarding social participation. Game developer: multiplayer, teams/clans, climbing up the ranks with tokens and money and special status symbols of personal ability or financial prowess as rewards for interacting with this part of the game. Music teacher: one on one social interaction conversing about topics relevant to the player and not the teacher, recommending better goods/food/services than the player knows about, organizing ensembles amongst students and solving musical problems with groups playing a song together
– the outer look of your game can always become attractive as your total presentation as a person can always become attractive but long term attraction to either depends on the meat in the game/person. Game: gameplay, suitable difficulty every step of the way, outer appearance, background music, graphics, enough differences in each level to distinguish them from each other
– it’s people making stuff for people only to use
– music and gaming rely on its living people that demonstrate the best of music and gaming and show off themselves in a public way and the ages depend on its handful of living storytellers to define music or gaming’s value to real life.
– game is as simple as you design it, music has already been investigated as to the possibilities based on 7 notes with semitones, already music has a history spanning generations of investigative work and is already so complicated and technically difficult to play with various genres consisting of various harmonies and/or sound effects
– the gameplay of a game is anything the developer defines and can be an idea, the “gameplay”/playing of any instrument is a physical interaction with a physical object with obvious physical difficulties not obvious as to how to overcome these inconveniences. However both can require actions not immediately grasped and requires time to develop facility into a comfortable trained movement. The physical object of a game is usually a console connected to controllers or a touchpad screen designed to be user friendly from the beginning of its idea. Musical instruments were invented according to the quality of sound it produces placed first, user friendliness placed second
– Usually a game is simple compared to the potential one can personally experience through playing an instrument
– Difficulties are obvious when playing a game while difficulties are not necessarily able to be put into words by the player and the teacher observing and not experiencing firsthand the difficulties of the player
– Classical music specifically has a technical ability aspect and musicality both placed at high levels as a result of stockpiling only the finest minds to have ever written for music and unravel the difficulties of playing any instrument. Pop places technical ability lighter than musicality, introduces sexuality strongly through the pop star and the music structure/harmony itself, though both have formulas and traditions to uphold. Gaming is even more pubescent than pop music, little to no historical names of gaming developers throughout history, though gaming has an advantage of being the industry in fashion attracting our finest living minds similar to what music did up to the 20th century
– learning to play music is done in preferably silence, which is a fashion forced to be fashionable, while playing games is done with attractive music and sound effects, including attractive sexuality and limiting physical participation to a limited range of movements. Somehow instruments present a challenge that’s not too simple, added with how music structure or harmony theory organizes the mind, that ultimately gives benefits of finer control of the body and more objective view of reality, including personal past, present, and future.
– perhaps the crushing difference between gaming and music is that games are designed around a physical object designed to be user friendly already, which relies on attractive sights and sounds referencing parts of reality but isn’t reality (games maybe must uncover truths about reality the developer knows in a pleasing way to compensate for its virtual participation usually in front of a screen touching it or using one controller), music has ultimate unique real voices of sounds from instruments together with the historical achievements of our best people dead explaining and demonstrating how music should be written and how instruments are to be played to play well technically, ample evidence of beautiful demonstrations of what is possible in music, ample pedagogy, a high enough price charged for anything related to music such as MP3s, books, songs, sheet music, music equipment, instruments, performances, lessons, enough common knowledge amongst teachers to present music attractively by performance or guidance, enough brainwashing of the population as to music’s value in society as something expensive and worth it being expensive because of its experience listening and playing music, and enough attractive educators to keep new blood coming into the industry though comparatively less than gaming
– gaming’s target and primary audience is youth funded by parents, siphoning parent’s generosity to their children in the form of buying them games and making the living of everyone involved in the gaming industry plus more games that more specifically target what is attractive to youth in spite of youth not realizing it about themselves (in that sense of peddling snake oil we’re seeing what is in every industry of every kind, manipulating that gap between most people’s minds, what they will act on with money and abusing that knowledge to hoard money instead of presenting solutions to addictions and compulsive problems about themselves). Music’s audience is everyone of any age and culture, depending on the genre like pop, classical, rock, indie, but any one performer’s reach is geographically restricted and restricted to the movement and remaining time of one human body performing live, though online video has expanded that reach somewhat but compared to how the internet and technology and culture has sold gaming to youth, it pales.
– Young people gravitate towards gaming as an escape or an oasis for whatever reasons positive or negative, young people listen to the music the people around them listen to and what has been always available through TV and radio, so it’s as if music has always been there for all people like young people, so in a way there’s nothing ever new the way a new game is new. Music talents seem to be dwindling from its peak in the 17th to 18th century when music was the fashionable industry to get involved with. Now gaming and technology around electronics in general is attracting our measured smartest people from the education system, as a side note money always attracts smart people so finance, stocks, e-banking, banking, accounting industries existed since capitalism existed.
– music does not necessarily present a space to relax for young people, it depends greatly on his/her music teachers, that are good enough to explain the historical studies already written and the theory already done. Listening to music as a hobby that is used like a space to relax is a hit or miss 50 50 to my observation.
– gaming 99% of the time presents an escape a virtual reality that people want to dive into to experience because games must be designed to inherently be attractive to most 99% of people. Music’s one purpose ain’t designed to let you jack off or be temporarily spellbound to it long enough to justify an investment into it, game’s one purpose are designed to excite long enough, using any topic they find, to justify the investment
– both require parents to approve its existence and ample consumption from their children which is reflected in the proportion of money assigned to each category/industry through buying games, consoles, attending live performances, buying music, learning how to play it, merchandise